TOEIC Practice - 10 Questions
1. Sources close to the tribunal ____ that Mr. Milosevic may have deliberately mixed or missed the dosages for his bad heart and high blood pressure.
2. Millions of Chinese ____ in World War II by the Japanese and the shrine includes 1,000 war criminals among the dead.
A. have been killed
B. were killed
C. had killed
D. was killed
3. The vast majority of Chad's 10 million people ____ subsistence agriculture for their livelihoods.
A. depends on
B. depending on
C. depend on
D. is depending on
4. He was trying to create a fantasy world ____ he could explain how he had invented certain languages, and in doing so created 'Middle Earth'.
B. so that
C. such that
5. During the day ____ joined marches in Paris suburbs to protest against the violence.
A. hundreds of people
B. hundred of people
C. a hundred of people
D. hundred people
6. US aircraft giant Boeing has ____ agreement with striking workers after pledging to lift pension payments and cut plans to limit healthcare cover.
7. From midnight all unregistered phones will have their signals ____.
B. to block
8. The chairman was obliged to bring the meeting to a ....... because a fire broke out in the adjoining room.
9. For goodness sake stop ....... about the weather! It'll stop raining soon.
10. Of course we all get ....... with endless leaflets through the door telling us of bargains at the local supermarket.