TOEIC Practice - 10 Questions
1. This view is _____ that held by the Gnostics - members of a 2nd Century AD breakaway Christian sect, who became rivals to the early Church.
B. the same
C. similar to
D. same as
2. US jurors are hearing Zacarias Moussaoui speak about his role in the 11 September 2001 attacks as they weigh life in jail ____ death for him.
3. The battle scenes, which reportedly contain over 200,000 digital participants, are ____ huge that an extra room had to be built onto Weta Digital's effects facility to house all the computer equipment needed to render the scenes.
B. such a
4. The opening scene ____ tells the origin of Gollum was originally shot for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
B. in which
5. The mascots were presented as Bei Bei, Jing Jing, Huan Huan, Ying Ying and Ni Ni - ____ , put together reads in Chinese "Beijing welcomes you!"
B. in which
6. When people are considering whether to loan your new business a substantial sum, they are going to ....... your potential.
7. These factors all need to be taken into ....... in identifying the best approach to market development.
8. Consumer surveys, as any kind of research, are vulnerable to .......: the wording of a question can influence the outcome a great deal.
9. This paper by Derek Miers received critical ....... when it was published in 1996, and the issues highlighted are just as relevant today.
10. Within the next years we will see the emergence of secure, cost-effective electronic payment systems to ....... these technologies.