English Grammar Practice - 10 Questions
1. I can see from the expression on your face that you haven't ........
A. got a thought
B. got a view
C. got a clue
D. got a suggestion
2. Which of these is a personal pronoun? It is ........
3. What time do you start work or more exactly when do you clock .......?
4. If you take the first left after the post office, you come to Sally's place and if you take the second ....... to the right after that you come to the cottage where Andrew lives.
B. turn up
C. turn in
5. Everyone in the pub looks ....... depressed at this remark and begins to think of all the price increases that will follow.
6. Mike: That's what you always ........
B. are saying
C. had said
7. I have never been ....... more beautiful than Thailand.
8. Frank: 'They say that all this rubbish is going to be taken away tomorrow.' Jill: '.......'
A. I believe when I see it.
B. I'll believe it when seen.
C. I'll believe it when I see it.
D. I see it when I believe.
9. My friend has two cars. One is black and ....... is red.
B. the other
C. the others
10. I have left my book in ....... and I would like you to get it for me.
B. a kitchen
C. the kitchen