English Grammar Practice - 10 Questions
1. User: Sorry I didn't mean to be rude but I'm trying to ........
2. The house dog asked him not to pick on him if he wanted to ....... someone.
3. We regret to announce that the 10.45 for London is now out of service because the driver is having a nervous ........
B. low down
D. low break
4. Most people in the pub think to themselves: "What a pretty girl" Andrew sees her as someone who is ....... and needs help.
5. Then the clouds will ....... further south in the afternoon.
6. I always get ....... early in the summer.
7. It must be at least a year since ........
A. you are here
B. you will be here
C. you were here
D. you had been here
8. As I see it, a restaurant is a market and it is the job of a waiter to ....... the clients into choosing products from the menu.
9. Have you noticed how much more the price of petrol is today? It's really sky ....... now.
10. As one of our party was over 60 she was ....... to a reduction in the price of the ticket.