English Grammar Practice - 10 Questions
1. The problem about writing on food is that however hard you try, you will say what you like and end up being ........
2. They're trying very hard to finish in time and they're working ....... the clock.
3. ....... are the Simple and the Continuous.
4. The French probably ....... tennis in about 1150.
5. Keira felt like tennis was 'her cup of tea.' What does 'her cup of tea' mean? ........
A. That it's not the right thing for her
B. That it's a perfect match for her
C. That she should practice more
6. When you are interviewing someone, it is obviously necessary to ask questions relevant to their job experience but discussing someone's other ....... is also useful.
7. Ah, yes I've got a bone to ....... with you. You told me you would pay me back last week and I still haven't got the money yet.
8. It's very hard trying to get the tenses right in English. In fact it's the ....... devil to know whether it's simple or continuous.
9. It's no good ....... your head in the sand, you'll have to face the truth in the end.
10. What do you ....... to do when you leave school?