English Grammar Practice - 10 Questions
1. Suddenly the sound of a cat meowing ........
A. made them awake
B. made them waken
C. made them waking
D. made them wake up
2. I had instructions that I ....... to leave the door unlocked when I came home.
A. will being
3. Palpitations are ....... sensations that feel like pounding or racing.
4. Mike: 'I could give you a lift to the station.' Jane: '.......'
A. There's no requirement.
B. There's no practicality.
C. There's no aim.
D. There's no need.
5. There was even talk that incidents like this one could ....... the Government.
6. I know she would really like to say exactly what she feels but I believe she should bite her ........
7. Many of the safety instructions on things you buy often seem unnecessary and often quite ....... to the average person.
8. At half past eight Henry was in conference with his election agent, Andrew Higgins, at party headquarters. Andrew: If you want my opinion, I suggest you cancel all your engagements for today and wait until the police
9. Mike: Haven't seen you for ........
10. The grass is always ....... on the other side.