English Grammar Practice - 10 Questions
1. As Mr Andrews was about to leave he found a note pinned to his door. It was from Mary Smith advising him to be careful because she has just bought a ....... young guard dog.
2. Perhaps I should turn that word 'waiting' ....... a more specific explanation: I mean being a waiter in a hotel.
D. aside from
3. He's one of those people who can't bear being seen to be wrong in fact of losing ........
4. Before Tom headed into the forest, he made sure he had packed his bow and ........
B. back pack
5. On Jen and Brad's very first date, she could tell he was as cunning as a ........
6. John: 'That was very thoughtful of you to do that.' Sue: '.......'
B. Forget it.
C. I've forgotten.
D. Don't forget it.
7. I hope you can be patient for a little longer and bear ....... me while I try and solve the problem.
8. Mike: Don't get too excited! We're still on the runway and haven't taken ....... yet.
9. My father put $1,000 ....... as a deposit to help my sister purchase a new car.
10. In ....... end we decided not to go to the cinema but to watch television.